Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Okay So I Guess I Have to Admit....

Maybe it all wasn't an accident... this art thing that I've got going on.  Maybe it was something inside that was just waiting to come out at the right time. 

I have always been a big believer of when it's your time... it's your time... no matter what you're talking about.  Things always have a reason for happening... something bigger, better, etc... but for some reason I've always said this was all an accident.. whatever it is I am glad it found me and I am doing what I love!

Today I wanted to share something exciting I was asked to be a part of. Back in December I was asked to be a guest on a show called, The Good Life.  It's a Christian TV Program that highlights people using their God given talents and ministries. 

At first I have to admit I was apprehensive about the whole thing.  For one I didn't feel worthy or an Artist enough to be asked to do something like that.  The self-defeating thought was that I wasn't extremely religious and would that be okay.  What did I really have to talk about and would anyone really want to hear it? Blah!Blah!Blah!

Well, I'm hear to say I was wrong to think all of it!  Fear is what was stopping me... fear of maybe being portrayed wrong, or being boring, or just being nervous.  I actually had a great time! 

Ken & Barbara the two show hosts were seriously some of the nicest people I have ever met.  They made me feel at ease.  The shows producer Cheryl was extremely welcoming, assuring & supportive.

In the end it was a fun experience that I am glad I did.  It made me realize that maybe this all wasn't an accident.  That we are all on a journey in our lives and each experience is just another stop that we make to growing, learning and reaching for our dreams. 

The Good Life - Krista J. Brock - GLB120 from The Good Life on Vimeo.


I will say one thing is for sure... seeing yourself on TV is crazy!  How many of us actually look in the mirror while talking?  We don't!  I had no idea how much I spoke with my hand and eyes... definitely funny for me to watch! 


I hope this finds you discovering what you want to be doing!

xoxo~
Krista

4 comments:

  1. Krista, what a wonderful interview! You are so beautiful inside and out. I hope your email is full of custom orders now that you are famous!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista! So exciting to see you continually moving forward with your art. I agree with the hosts...none of this is by accident! God is no doubt TAKING you on this beautiful journey. It reminds me of a verse we memorized in a Bible study a few years ago...
    ~Proverbs 16:9
    "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."

    Seeing what God is doing in/with you is very inspiring...

    Christy Perez

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually read this post several weeks ago and watched the video. I was unable at the time to post a comment, but I just want you to know you did awesome and your art is awesome. I am thinking it was no accident!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment
XOXO~ Krista